Friday, April 24, 2009

Review: Casanova's Restaurant, Makawao, Maui


We went to Casanova Restaurant in Makawao tonight to celebrate my early birthday. It was by far the best meal since we have been to Maui. The Filet Mignon with a peppercorn brandy demiglaze may have been the best steak I have ever had. I don't usually even order steaks, but I couldn't pass this up. The salad was simple and fresh. We ordered the calamari, and asked for some cocktail sauce since we weren't in to the aoli sauce, and they made some for us on the spot since thy usually don't have any on hand - and it was perfect. Somehow we had room for the ice cream with espresso poured on top for dessert. Highly recommended.

The sun even came out for a few minutes today which I tried to take advantage of. Don't be expecting me to look all tanned though. It just didn't happen for us on this trip!

No comments: