Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I don't know about you, but I can't figure out why there is such a push back against health care reform. I know a lot of people who don't have health insurance and cannot afford it. The price on my health insurance has gone up, while my benefits have gone down, but I am considered lucky, because I at least HAVE health insurance. We need to do something soon, and it angers me that it has become so politicized. So please join me in contacting our Senators to let them know where you stand.

You deserve the affordable health care you need, when you need it.
The right to keep good health insurance offered through your job, or if you don't have that, the right to choose decent coverage you can afford, a choice of doctors who provide quality care, and the security that you can't be denied insurance if you change jobs, move or get sick.

1 comment:

Zoya said...

I'm actually a little bit ambivalent about how they want to fix it now. Not sure if I support it even. The problem with health care today is the insurance companies, and making everybody have insurance is not going to take care of the problem. The Insurance companies are a huge add on cost (around 1/3 of your average bill inflation is insurance related paperwork and insurance companies fighting your claims).

I'd rather they did not fix it now, and FIX it right later. Let it get so bad that everybody realizes the insurance companies have got to go! Universal Health care is the way to go - NOT universal health care insurance. Patrick