Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Being Semi-tall

I am tall, but not super tall, just a touch under 5'11''. My legs are long, but I think my real height comes from my long Native-esque torso. I have always had trouble finding clothes that fit properly, as tall clothes are often too long in the inseam. But over the past year I have started ordering clothes online from OldNavy.com. They have medium-long as well as tall, and they fit me PERFECTLY! I just got an order, which was a mix of OldNavy and Athleta (since you can order from both stores from one website and combine shipping) in tall and long sizes and everything fits GREAT. If you have had as much trouble as I have finding clothes that fit, you won't be surprised at all to learn I was dancing around my room with excitement over my purple velvet pants!

I wish that I had more options than these two online stores for clothes that are guaranteed to fit a semi-tall like me, since I am not sure what kinds of conditions my well-fitting new clothes were manufactured under, but I just don't...unless I get rich enough to get everything custom made or altered. Which just isn't gonna happen! So in the mean time I will enjoy these tank tops that reach the top of my jeans, the aforementioned purple velvet pants, the swimsuit that FITS on top, my ruffled hooded sweatshirt, and everything else that doesn't make me feel freakish just because I don't have a typical body type.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you look great and I am the luckiest man in the world, I am glad you like your new clothes love ya

My Little Family: said...

Are you kidding? You have a runway model's body. I could end with a joke that she will be needing it back :) but will just say congrats on finding a good fit. Makes shopping a lot more pleasurable and less work.

Mother In Law said...

Whatchutalkinaboutgirl? Freakish?

Unknown said...

Those are Rock Star pants!!!