Monday, December 7, 2009

Progress

As much as I find it hard to believe, I AM making progress in school. I never get as much done each day as I hope to, but I guess that shows I have high expectations of myself. What counts is that each day I am a little bit closer to my goal of finishing my dissertation, and it WILL happen.

I am now in Fairbanks doing an intensive week of writing and data analysis. Hopefully I will have a chapter on my analytical framework done by Friday, in addition to field notes on New Words Council meetings for my analysis. And then on to finishing the other chapters!

The bad thing in this whole travel arrangement is that Emmy is sick, possibly with giardia (though we don't get the test results back for a few days), and Jeremy is taking care of her alone. I just spoke to her on the phone and she said she wanted Mommy to take her to bed. Since she is such a Daddy's girl, having her ask for me to bring her to bed pretty much melts my heart.

This is going to be a long week.

No comments: