Saturday, May 22, 2010

Posting from Akhiok

Yes, It has been a while. I had a talk the other day with Patrick S. about blogging, and that got me thinking about doing another post. That, and the fact I deactivated my Facebook account. I intended to reactivate after a few days just to give those FB execs a message about my privacy concerns (because I know they really care about me personally), but then I just haven't had the urge to go back on. The only drawback is that I can't contact a few select people I would like to be in touch with. Maybe one of these days I will reactivate, then quickly deactivate again. ha ha.

So I am in the Akhiok school right now. I came down for the day to do a presentation for the Akhiok-Kaguyak, Inc. annual meeting about the Alutiiq Language program and status of the language. I think it went pretty well, and I even got a blanket with the AKI logo, in case I get weathered in! No, I am pretty sure I will get back to Kodiak tonight (knock on wood). I have potatoes to plant this weekend, so Servant Air, come on down!

No comments: