Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween, Winter Arrives

Right after Emmy, Laura and I returned from a very whirlwind trip to Oregon, we had Halloween festivities here in Kodiak.  I tried to make sure that Emmy especially had a great time on Halloween, even though with Jeremy gone I felt more like staying home.  I even got in to the spirit of it by wearing a costume to work for the first time ever.  Thankfully the Greek Goddess costume I borrowed from my sister was basically like a pretty dress.  I don't think it would have been as easy to wear a pumpkin costume while sitting at my desk.

Right after Halloween we got our first snow of the season and overnight it now feels like winter. I have been burning the wood stove each night, and each morning I let Emmy cross off another day on the calendar.  Tomorrow Jeremy gets off of the canyon.  A few days later he will be arriving home on the airplane.  Emmy is beside herself with excitement.  It has been a long trip.

1 comment:

Twofrogs said...

You are gangster, going it alone with two kids. Matt is trying to go down to DC for work in April and I'm getting ready to go with him. Two kids on my own, whaaaat??