Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Etsy Web site


Since this blog has been brewing in my mind for a while I may have to do more than one post a day until I catch up. Last weekend my old friend Sarah (Callaway) Koski emailed about her new etsy store (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=68093).

I had never heard of etsy before so I looked at her lovely shop, and then started looing around at the other shops around the rest of the site. Basically I was sucked in for a whole weekend. there are so many creative people out there! While some of the shops are way overpriced, most of them are very reasonable. It is kind of like a giant virtual craft bazaar. There are other cool functions as well like shopping locally and clicking on a globe for recent seller posts from everywhere (even antarctica, though obviously I am suspicious). If you wonder where your christmas present came from, chances are, it is from here.

No comments: