Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Frogs in Fairbanks!


Last night we were gathered around the fire pit in the yard and I saw someting hopping in the grass. I thought it looked a bit big to be a grasshopper, so I looked closer and it was a tiny frog! I did not know there was frogs around here. They don't have any in Kodiak. SO we caught it just long enough to take it's picture and then we set it free. I kept looking after that but did not see any more frogs in the yard. Now I am wondering how rare they are.

2 comments:

Zoya, Patrick, Nora and Stuart said...

Aapacunga maani! Cestun Ap'rlluki " cungaruasqaq ciiwat?"

Anonymous said...

The frog you saw is known as a wood frog and is the only frog throughout most of Alaska. They can be quite common near ponds and temporary water sources were they breed in April & May.