Saturday, April 4, 2009

Potty training in one day?

I got this book, Toilet Training in Less Than a Day and have been trying to get up the courage to try it out with Emmy.  This isn't really a new method - this book has been around for decades and is based on clinical trials.  The average time it takes a girl is 4.5 hours. Afterwards, if I am successful, I won't have to watch her face for signs, or ask her every five minutes, or make her sit on the potty for hours. She'll just go on her own. My only worry is if I don't follow the directions properly, because although they are not stressful for the child, it is a lot of work and focus for the parent...for those few hours anyway. But think of how much work it will save me in the long run. The first step is to have your toddler train a doll that wets. Today is the day...stay posted for an update!

No comments: