Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update...

Well, I am not going to say I am a failure at the one-day potty training thing, since I didn't even last the average 4.5 hours...We had to stop after three hours because I ran out of training pants.  She went through 12 pairs of "panties' in three hours, plus two pairs of pants.  After that I put her in some pull ups feeling very discouraged and headed to my mom's to do laundry.

So...We try again in the morning.  What I have learned so far is that even though the directions are very explicit and complicated, no amount of rereading and preparing will leave you ready. Emmy is much more stubborn than I realized, and may not have as much bladder awareness as I thought. I didn't predict I would be trying to get a toddler to pull down her pants as she tried to melt into the floor in a tantrum.  She did have a number of "successes" probably due to the gummies I used as rewards!

No comments: