Sunday, April 5, 2009

What a weekend!

I don't know what possessed me to do this toilet training when Jeremy was out of town, and unable even to reach by phone most of the time (He is setting up the Arctic Man competition).  Emmy has shown remarkable progress today though.  Since we are barely following the book I have to adjust my expectations a little bit.  Right now my goal is to have her accident free by the time we go to Hawaii. Considering she was not potty trained whatsoever before 24 hours ago, I think she is doing really well.  Now I believe I will finish the rest of this highly public rite of passage without any new updates.

So what else is going on?  I have a paper on Alutiiq research to get a draft of before we go to Hawaii.  And a week after we get back from there we are having a workshop in Old Harbor for the language program, which is a pretty big deal.  I haven't been back to Old Harbor since I was pregnant with Emmy.  Last time I got stuck for 3 extra days with a fantastic Fall storm.

And what is this? Fairbanks is suddenly surpassing us in temperatures.  Spring must be on the way...up there anyway!

2 comments:

Zoya said...

Right about now the mainland always warms up while the ocean keeps Kodiak and the Aleutians cool. That's why I love Kodiak - long winters! I get to ski all Spring while they deal with the mud and the flowers in Anchorage and Fairbanks. The ocean is also why Kodiak has such long falls and we regularly get to eat out of garden well into December. It keeps us warm in the fall and cool in the Spring. And we never get the bitter cold. Maritime versus a Continental climate. Got to love the sea. Piugta

Isiik said...

Yeah...darn flowers. With the two feet of snow still covering the garden here at the cabin, we sure don't have to worry about FLOWERS anytime soon.