Sunday, June 14, 2009

Black Bean and Red Pepper Dip

I got this recipe from the back of a bag of chips, but if you don't tell, I won't. Actually, I never make it exactly the same as the recipe says, so here is how I did it:
Ingredients:
1 can seasoned black beans, drained
half of a 16 oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained
1 - 8 oz brick of low fat cream/neuchatel cheese
a bag of taco seasoning
a few pinches of fresh cilantro (to taste)
about 2 tablespoons of lime juice

Garnish:
1 small chopped tomato
a few pinches of chopped cilantro
I mixed all of the main ingredients until smooth in a blender. I scraped it into a bowl and garnished with the chopped tomatoes. I am chilling it for about an hour, and then serving with chips. I think next time I make this I will make my own "taco seasoning" mixture or use a more obscure packaged mix, so that nobody thinks "taco seasoning" when they eat it. However, when I tasted it earlier it didn't taste much like taco seasoning, so I am surely just being paranoid. You could definitely tell it was black bean and roasted red pepper.

No comments: